How to become a top expert in any field
How to become a top “expert” in any field (adapted from “The 4-Hour Work Week”):
- Join 2-3 related trade organisations with-official sounding names.
- Read the top 3 books in your selected topic, and summarise each on one page.
- Give a free seminar at the closest well-known university. Then do the same at the closest, largest, well-known companies. Use the names of trade organisations and university as references to get access.
- Offer to write 1-2 articles for trade magazines/blogs.
- Join the journalist expert database (e.g. ProfNet in the US) using all the above references.