Starting a startup: step-by-step
Here’s my own checklist on how to start a company. This list is work-in-progress and I will add to it as I learn.
- Find an area where you can be passionate. What community (people, meetups) do you want to belong to?
- Commit 100%, nothing less – you won’t see true results before you do. If you’re not a millionaire this will be tricky before you’re funded or profitable, but set a strategy on how to get to 100%.
- Begin in Google Keyword Planner to learn how many are interested of the problem you’re solving. Later you can do AdWords and custom landing pages to collect email addresses.
- Think about distribution. Is the user = the buyer? That will make it simpler.
- Get advisors that are also ambassadors. Quora is a great extra advisor.
- Take shortcuts everywhere, but don’t skimp on user experience. Make sure UX is 100%. I recommending building products top-down, starting with prototypes that look close to the final product.
I would love some feedback on this! Please comment below.